In this section, we introduce you our school, how the classes are organised and how you can arrange to request for your child to come to our school. As we have our own Nursery here, this section also outlines how you can take advantage of the these sessions as well as the free entitlement options available.
Higham Ferrers Nursery and Infant School is part of the Northamptonshire Local Authority providing Nursery and Infant education for boys and girls between 3 and 7 years of age.
We are a 3 form entry school with 90 full time places in Reception, Year 1 and 2. Our children usually start school in the year they are 5 and stay with us until they reach 7.
The local authority is responsible for admissions. Details of their policy is explained in the booklet “Applying for a Primary School Place in Northamptonshire” which is published annually.
If you would like further information please contact the school office or ring Northamptonshire Pupil Services / Admissions on 0300 126 1000.
Please note that the school cannot guarantee your child a place, the decision is always with the local authority.
The school is situated on a large, secure site which is shared with Higham Ferrers Junior School with whom we have very strong links. Our classrooms are larger than average and are all fitted with interactive white boards. Computers in the classrooms are networked throughout the school. Outside the Reception classrooms there is a dedicated undercover play area where the children learn through play.
The school also has a Nursery. At Higham Ferrers Nursery there are 52 part-time places for parents to access the free entitlement. This is made up of 26 morning places and 26 afternoon places. Children usually start in the year that they are four.
The free entitlement is offered as follows:
- Up to 15 hours each week or up to 30 hours per week (if your child is eligible) Monday to Friday, during 38 weeks a year, term time only.
The times are:
- 9:00 – 11:30am (Morning session)
- 11:30 - 12:45pm (Lunch session)**
- 12:45 – 3:15pm (Afternoon session)
**Where lunch is not part of the 15/30 hours entitlement lunch sessions are charged at a cost of £3.50 per session. All parents must supply a packed lunch for their child.
- To be eligible for the 15 hours free entitlement children must have had their third birthday before the last day of the month prior to intake (31st August , 31st December, 31st March.)
- Eligibility will be verified by families providing proof, namely birth certificate and proof of address.
- In addition to this, some children will be entitled to the 30 hours funding - details of this can be found by clicking here
Extra sessions that are not covered by the Government funding will be charged at £10 per session.
If you require further information about our Nursery please contact the school for our Nursery Information Booklet and Admissions Policy.