Welcome to our Nursery
- Mrs Farrell – Teacher Monday and Tuesday
- Mrs Dunnell – Teacher Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Mrs Pedlar – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Wingrove – Teaching Assistant
Our nursery is a unique setting as it is led and run by teachers. Our nursery is always a vibrant and exciting place in which children can learn. This gives the children a fantastic start and introduction to school life. Our nursery is open from 9am till 3pm. The children are part of the school; they use the hall and the outside areas around the school in their learning.
Outdoor play and continous provision are instrumental to nursery children’s development. Both aspects of which are used and planned for fully each week. Don’t just take our word for it; this is what current parents have to say:
“I am so happy with how my son is doing at Nursery; he has come on so much particularly with phonics, writing and maths.”
“He absolutely loves Nursery. He is so excited to come every day and asks me if he can go for longer!”
“She looks forward to Nursery every day and cannot wait to come in.”
“She is very settled at Nursery and enjoys talking about her experiences at home.”
“Since starting at Nursery he has come on in leaps and bounds and we couldn’t be more pleased with his progress.”
Summer Term in the Nursery
Nursery have been very busy learning about minibeasts this term and we watched our tiny caterpillars very carefully as they got fatter and made their cocoons. It was very exciting to see them hatch out and the children loved watching the beautiful butterflies flutter away. Look out for them visiting your garden!
We have had lots of chances to play outside this term and we have enjoyed taking our learning outside. We have tried worm charming, been on treasure hunts and found lots of creepy crawlies.
We had a lovely time at our Ugly Bug Ball, lots of grown-ups joining us to make and play with us. We dressed up as minibeasts and had a great time playing games and joining in with our families. Thank you to everyone who joined us to help make this so much fun.
Nursery Curriculum Information
- Wed, 09 Oct 2019 : Parents Evenings
- Tue, 24 Sep 2019 : Nursery Autumn Newsletter
- Mon, 23 Sep 2019 : WestLodge Farm Visit
- Mon, 23 Sep 2019 : Applying for a Reception Place 2020
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 : Phonics and Early Language Meeting
- Tue, 17 Sep 2019 : Nut allergy in Nursery
- Fri, 14 Jun 2019 : New to Higham Infants School at Rock Up UK
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 : Nursery Local Area Walk
- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 : Nursery Closure
- Tue, 04 Jun 2019 : Nursery Sports Day
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019 : Nursery - Word Display
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 : New Nursery Teacher