Welcome to Reception
- Class 1 teachers – Mrs Betts and Mrs Campbell
- Class 2 teacher – Miss Westall
- Class 3 teacher – Mrs Miller (Year group leader)
- Mrs Eady – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Scotney – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs White – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Wheatley - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Harris - Teaching Assistant
The reception year has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. They have a lovely, stimulating environment which includes two outdoor play spaces one of which is undercover for those cold wet days! Outdoor learning is an important part of the Reception curriculum as it helps children to develop gross motor skills. The children are taught through a planned play based curriculum with times of whole class and small group teacher led lessons.
Over the school year the children cover a range of topics. In the Autumn term the topics are called “All about me” and “Celebrations”. In the spring term the topics are “Ice worlds” and “Growing”. In the summer term the topics are “Fairytales” and “Seaside.”
Parental comments following parents evening in October 2018;
"We are very pleased with how our daughter has settled into school and the support and challenge she is receiving. We appreciate the efforts the teachers have gone to with regards to her reading and we look forward to hearing about her adventures during the rest of the year."
"Thank you, you are all doing an amazing job my son loves coming to school!"
"My daughter always comes home from school with a smile."
"It was so lovely to see and hear how my son is doing in school. I especially loved seeing the literacy and learning journey books as I had no idea you did things like that and it was so lovely to see! He really does love school and his class and his teachers so much and we are very happy he has such a brilliant and caring school."
"We are really pleased with the way our daughter has settled in. She is really happy. She has made excellent progress so far, thank you."
Reception Autumn Update
The children have settled in beautifully into school. They have adjusted to new routines, new members of staff and new friends. The children have been focusing on our topic of ‘All about me’. They have drawn pictures of their families, they have been practising writing their names and have enjoyed a circle time talking about who lives with them at home. The children have also been learning about the season of Autumn. They have observed the change in colour in the leaves outside, mixed paint colours, made hedgehogs out of clay and made Autumn wreaths out of collage materials. The children have been learning harvest songs and have performed the songs in front of family and friends. The Reception children have had a visit from Blue Cross this term and Chris from Blue Cross brought in his two dogs George and Flash to talk about how we look after our pets now that Bonfire Night is approaching.
Next term we will be talking about Celebrations. The children will be learning about Diwali, Hanukkah, Bonfire Night and then preparing for Christmas. Alongside this they will be continuing to practise their letter sounds in phonics, begin to word build two and three letter words and in maths they will be learning to match the correct number of objects to a given number, begin to order numbers and find 1 more or 1 less from a given number. They will also have the opportunity to investigate and explore length, capacity and patterns.
Busy, busy, busy!
Reception Curriculum Information
- Thu, 10 Oct 2019 : The Big Write
- Wed, 09 Oct 2019 : Parents Evenings
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 : Reception Autumn Objects
- Thu, 26 Sep 2019 : Harvest Celebration
- Wed, 25 Sep 2019 : Reception Autumn Curriculum Letter
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 : Phonics and Early Language Meeting
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 : Pippi Longstocking
- Tue, 17 Sep 2019 : Reception Coffee Morning
- Tue, 17 Sep 2019 : Favourite Books
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 : MAB Gymnastics Holiday Camp
- Thu, 04 Jul 2019 : Summer Disco
- Tue, 02 Jul 2019 : Science and Wellbeing Week
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 : Ned's Mindset Mission
- Wed, 12 Jun 2019 : Big Write
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 : New to Year 1 Information Evening