Welcome to Reception
- Class 1 teachers – Mrs Betts and Mrs Campbell
- Class 2 teacher – Miss Westall
- Class 3 teacher – Mrs Miller (Year group leader)
- Mrs Eady – Higher Level Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Scotney – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs White – Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Wheatley - Teaching Assistant
- Mrs Harris - Teaching Assistant
The reception year has three classes with a maximum of 90 children in the year group. They have a lovely, stimulating environment which includes two outdoor play spaces one of which is undercover for those cold wet days! Outdoor learning is an important part of the Reception curriculum as it helps children to develop gross motor skills. The children are taught through a planned play based curriculum with times of whole class and small group teacher led lessons.
Over the school year the children cover a range of topics. In the Autumn term the topics are called “All about me” and “Celebrations”. In the spring term the topics are “Ice worlds” and “Growing”. In the summer term the topics are “Fairytales” and “Seaside.”
Parental comments following parents evening in October 2018;
"We are very pleased with how our daughter has settled into school and the support and challenge she is receiving. We appreciate the efforts the teachers have gone to with regards to her reading and we look forward to hearing about her adventures during the rest of the year."
"Thank you, you are all doing an amazing job my son loves coming to school!"
"My daughter always comes home from school with a smile."
"It was so lovely to see and hear how my son is doing in school. I especially loved seeing the literacy and learning journey books as I had no idea you did things like that and it was so lovely to see! He really does love school and his class and his teachers so much and we are very happy he has such a brilliant and caring school."
"We are really pleased with the way our daughter has settled in. She is really happy. She has made excellent progress so far, thank you."
Reception Autumn Update
Reception children have had a very busy term. We started the term with learning about different Celebrations. The children have learnt about Diwali (The Festival of Lights). They heard the story of Rama and Sita and made diva lamps. We then moved onto learning about why we celebrate Bonfire night by hearing the story of Guy Fawkes. We talked about fire safety and enjoyed hearing the children’s tales of the Firework displays they went to see. Mrs Betts organised an Art Messy day where the children were able to explore colour, texture and various artists. As well as all this we have been doing our daily phonic sessions and progressing well with Kinetic letters with the children starting to write more independently. In Maths we have continued to learn our numbers up to 20 and beyond, as well as weighing, shapes and patterns. The children have helped support the very well-known charity Children in Need. They wore mufti clothes and we raised lots of money. The last few weeks Christmas fever has well and truly hit. The children were amazing in their concert of Ralph the Green Nosed Reindeer. Their singing was beautiful and their acting was worthy of Rada! We’re now in the final week of school and the children have enjoyed a trip to the theatre and a Christmas party. Have a lovely Christmas and see you in the New Year!!
Reception Curriculum Information
- Fri, 17 Jul 2020 : PE in September
- Wed, 15 Jul 2020 : Safeguarding and FSW Information
- Tue, 14 Jul 2020 : Starting school inSeptember
- Wed, 01 Jul 2020 : Reception Transition Project
- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 : The Hungry Caterpillar
- Fri, 05 Jun 2020 : HFNIS Cuddle Bears
- Mon, 11 May 2020 : Mrs Ward's Quiz
- Wed, 06 May 2020 : REVISED Tom the Tale Teller
- Tue, 05 May 2020 : Free School Meals
- Wed, 22 Apr 2020 : Number Bonds
- Thu, 26 Mar 2020 : Reception Resources
- Wed, 18 Mar 2020 : Reception Summer Topic
- Tue, 17 Mar 2020 : The Big Write
- Mon, 09 Mar 2020 : Reading Pledge
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 : SPRING DISCO DEADLINE